11 Signs You Need To Quit Your Book Group
Breaking up is hard to do, but sometimes, it’s necessary.
1. There is no drinking allowed during the group.
2. Meetings are always conflicting with your weekend plans.
3. You’re lack of cooking skills leaves you feeling threatened by the other snacks provided. Cheese log? Really?
4. You are always quashing unrelated side chatter.
5. You’re pretty sure no one has actually read the book.
6. Mothers have started bringing their children.
7. The group spends half of the time discussing the cover….
8. And the other half discussing what to read for next time.
9. They choose another Chick Lit book. Don’t they know variety is the spice of life?
10. The group population is dwindling until it’s just you and one other person who doesn’t really talk.
11. You would never hang out with these people in real life anyway.
Don’t worry if you leave, there are plenty of book groups out there who would love to have you!
Previous Post: Scott Walker, Rising Star, A Folk Hero
Next Post: Community Post: Swarms Of Mosquitoes Over A Village In Belarus