15 Problems Every Australian Beauty Addict Will Understand
1. The pain of not being able to easily purchase brands like Urban Decay.
2. The trepidation you feel as you purchase a product online without ever swatching it or seeing it IRL, because it’s unavailable in Australia stores.
“Will it look the same? Will it be pigmented? Is it all just a bunch of hype? OH MY GOD I CAN’T STAND THE WAITING!”
3. The distress of having to buy coveted, unavailable items online for an exorbitant amount of money because you just know that you truly, truly *NEED* it.
Okay fine, I’ll pay an extra $40 for my Naked palette because I have NO OTHER OPTIONS.
4. When your favourite beauty guru is all “I would never pay more than $20 for a mascara!” and you’re like:
“Cool I spent $35 on a shit mascara at Priceline last week I’ll just remove this KNIFE FROM MY HEART NOW SHALL I?!”
5. The frustration felt while waiting FOREVER for a limited edition collection to reach Australia.
“No it’s fine, I don’t mind waiting months for the new M.A.C collection, even though, you know, literally EVERYONE I follow online has it and is raving about it. I don’t feel left out at all.”
6. Getting FOMO every time you check in on the international online beauty community (which is always, because you love it).
7. Having to powder your face every 3.2 seconds in summer and ending up with cake face.
9. Being in the wrong hemisphere for beauty trends.
“Oh great, these summer themed limited edition collections are SO CUTE… in July.”
10. Comparing the exhibitor lists of IMATs (the International Make-Up Artist Trade Show) in Sydney, to the exhibitor lists in New York or London.
11. The knowledge that when Sephora opens in Australia, your international VIB membership points won’t transfer over.
From Sephora Australia’s Facebook:
“Sephora has a number of different rewards programs throughout the world and unfortunately the points of each program are not inter-connected. Sephora Australia will be offering its own rewards program for our loyal customers but we expect this to commence in early 2015. We will be sure to bring you the latest updates!”