15 Unexpected Products That Could Magically Cure Your Body Emergencies
1. Nipple cream goes from cracked nips to chapped lips.
Lansinoh isn’t just for breastfeeders. If you suffer from dry lips, nipple cream will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Put some on before you go to sleep, and wipe off the excess product the next morning. The waxy ingredient, lanolin, helps moisturize and heal sensitive areas.
2. Oatmeal soaks will calm your sudden face rash.
Skin irritation on the face is something you’ll want to get rid of — fast. If you have some Aveeno Baby Oatmeal Bath or your own colloidal oatmeal, mix it up with water and slather it on like a face mask, you’ll fee the itch subside.
Colloidal oatmeal is finely ground oats that are found in most Aveeno products.
3. Hand sanitizer is good for your pits too.
Sweat much? If your deodorant is losing its power, wipe down your pits and add some hand sanitizer to the mix — the antibacterial formula will kill some of the bacteria that’s making you smell.
4. Eye drops combat red eyes and red blemishes.
For a temporary remedy for the redness of your annoying pimples, apply some Visine on the mark (especially the one for red eyes) and move on with your life.
5. Take the heat out of minor burns with toothpaste.
When you burn yourself on the stove (in a minor way), immediately put it under cold water and follow up with some white toothpaste — it’ll alleviate some of the pain.
6. Mouthwash is great for easing your bruise.
The alcohol in mouthwash will help prevent an intense bruise. It won’t take it away completely, but if you rub some on the affected area, you’ll lose some of that black and blue (or purple, or green).
7. An apple a day will keep your bad breath away.
But really, apples have pectin in them, which helps reduce smelly breath.
8. You finally have a use for powdered milk: removing makeup.
Run out of makeup remover wipes? Hate soap and water? Mix instant milk with water to create a pasty remover.
9. Pepto Bismol can also be used for upset skin.
Applied as a face mask, Pepto Bismol can illuminate your face with its soothing powers.
10. In case you run out of Neosporin, use turmeric.
Did you accidentally fall down some steps and find a bloody gash waiting for you on your knee? No worries — turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and will help clean that pesky cut out.
11. Glue will actually get that damn splinter out.
When you get a DUMB splinter, glue can actually help you pull it out. Instead of digging for it, spread some of the adhesive over the area and after it dries, carefully peel the glue (and splinter) off.
12. Pineapple appeals to your palate while softening your calluses.
While pineapple peels are taped to your calluses, enzymes are working to soften your dead skin.
13. Peanut butter can be a backup shaving cream.
When you run out of shaving cream (OH, THE HORROR!), grab that jar of peanut butter from your pantry. The oils moisturize skin and your razor will glide through the smooth consistency.
But, you probably shouldn’t use the chunky kind… and don’t use if you’re, you know, allergic.
Also, take a look at this lovely girl’s experience with PB shaving cream.
14. Surprisingly, Kool-Aid helps chlorine-damaged hair.
Swimming can be fun, then the worst happens when your hair starts changing color from the chlorine. Snag some lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid and mix it in with your shampoo —after a few minutes, rinse it out.
15. A dab of vodka will make your cold sore heal more quickly.
Although you might be compelled to take shot, add some vodka to a pop-up cold sore. It will dry it out and speed up the healing process.