16 Struggles Anyone With Asian Hair Will Understand
1. Having the most untamable hair as a baby…
2. … And as an adult.
3. Only being able to choose from a limited number of hairstyles in the morning: straight or straight.
4. Having to cover your hair because it’s basically a sharp, hazardous object.
5. Never being able to get the perfect ponytail.
6. Owning a curling iron that works better on your friends’ hair than your own.
7. Knowing your fabricated curls have a limited shelf life.
can you believe I curled my hair 2 hours ago………. L-O-FUCKING-L #teamhaircantcurl #asianhair
8. Losing your pretty waves almost immediately to bad weather.
11. Requiring an insane amount of hairspray to hold any style in place.
Aunt: Oh gosh, that’s too much hairspray. Me: blame your sister and brother-in-law for having me, PIN STRAIGHT HAIR. #asianhairproblems
12. The complete crapshoot of coloring your hair.
Photo: So this is what #bleaching looks like on my #asianhair. Dunno what’s up with the #purple http://t.co/kriUzmotwp
13. Using several boxes of hair dye at a time and having it only kiiiinda work.
14. Spending an obscene amount of money at a salon to actually get the color you want…
15. … Then having to spend even more money to correct a brassy dye job.
Photo: Before and after #colorcorrection #color #hair #haircolor #blonde #blondeasian #asianhair… http://t.co/eJBOAqfUvm
16. Coming to the realization that your hair just might be color-proof.
I dyed my hair 5 shades lighter and it still looks black, even after I bleached it. #AsianHairProblems