20 Reasons To Become A Ballerina
DO ALL THE BALLET.
1. You’ll be doing ballet-ballet, instead of ballet-inspired workouts.
2. You’ll get to wear cool ballet outfits for class.
Sarah Lamb / Via ROH, Johan Persson
More fetch than grotty shorts and sweats, just as comfy.
3. Many cool ballet outfits.
PABallet, 2011. Dancers, Adrianna De Svastich, Holly Fusco, Amy Hollihan, Allison Pray. / Via abigailmentzer.com
4. Seriously, even your grottiest leotard and warmup pants will magically look cool.
Evgenia Obraztsova / Via mariadoval.wordpress.com
5. You will know the power of flexibility.
Joy Womack by Deborah Hoehner / Via joywomack.com
Your flexibility will improve. A lot.
6. When you watch ballets, you’ll know who’s made a mistake.
Via Center Stage, Columbia Pictures
You will be able to judge ballets the same way Peter Gallagher’s eyebrows do.
7. Or just be like:
8. Two words: POINTE SHOES.
Center Stage, Columbia Pictures / Via bu-ckys.tumblr.com
They may be little nuggets of torture, but the day your teacher deems strong enough to start pointework will be the happiest day of your life.
9. No matter what they do to your feet, you will love your pointe shoes.
Sue Jin Kang / Via blog.naver.com
Because POINTE SHOES.
10. There will be men in tights.
Federico Bonelli, ROH / Via cloudvictory.tumblr.com
11. Very attractive men in tights.
Roberto Bolle, Bruce Weber / Via bruceweber.com
“Just thinking about how good-looking I am today.”
12. Ballet terminology is in French, so you will learn all the French!
13. You’ll get fit.
14. And photograph in a manner mere mortals can only dream of.
Miko Fogarty, Cloud & Victory / Via cloudandvictory.com
15. And if you train hard enough you could be rocking out stuff like this:
Gillian Murphy, ABT / Via obsessivedancingdisorder.tumblr.com
16. Which is more than we can say for Natalie Portman.
Via Look FX, Fox Searchlight
Not everyone can afford to hire a dance double.
17. At the very least, you’ll be able to do ballet better than the Free People model.
Free People, Various / Via joybells123.tumblr.com
18. Because you’re a ballet dancer.
Via Pacific Northwest Ballet
19. No matter what your level, or what anyone says.
Children of the Theatre Street, Vagnova / Via dysphoricsylph.tumblr.com