21 Everyday Worries Every Anxious Person Will Understand
1. Eating something new and convincing yourself you’re experiencing a fatal food allergy.
Even though you’ve never had a food allergy in your life.
2. Tiny bit of plane turbulence? Oh god, we’re about to DROP OUT OF THE SKY.
Why is no one else panicking?!?
3. Getting a voicemail from an unknown number.
It’s obviously a doctor, telling you you have six weeks to live.
4. Randomly seeing a co-worker outside of work.
â€œHeyâ€¦â€¦â€¦ [â€¦] â€¦â€¦. so what are you up to?â€
5. Having a stomachache and *knowing* it’s your appendix about to burst.
6. Not getting a response to your text message within five minutes.
And assuming it means that person hates you.
8. Answering the question, â€œSo what’d you do this weekend?â€
*tries to think of something to say besides â€œHulu Plusâ€*
9. Having to pick up the phone for any reason whatsoever.
Omg when did I forget English.
10. Realizing you’re running a little bit behind schedule.
And for you, one minute late is REALLY LATE.
11. Sending an email and feeling IMMEDIATELY certain you sent it to the wrong person.
Or worse, REPLY-ALL’D.
12. Realizing someone’s going in for a handshake.
Or is it a bump?? OR A HUG???
13. Watching someone walk near you on the subway platform and getting worried they might push you onto the tracks.
14. Seeing a group of people laughing and wondering if it’s about you.
15. The mere thought of having to make small talk.
Oh, a â€œnetworking eventâ€? Cool, cool.
16. Getting asked â€œHow are you?â€ and accidentally answering â€œNot much!â€
17. Suddenly having to use the bathroom when there’s no bathroom for miles.
18. Waiting either too long or not long enough to text someone back.
I don’t want them to think I’m so lame that I’m waiting by the phone. But also, I want to seem interested!!!!
19. When none of your friends reply to your group email.
I AM BEING SHUNNED
20. That you’ll sleep through your multiple alarms and miss something ultra important.
21. Waking up in the middle of the night stressing about that awkward thing that happened in middle school.
Does everyone still remember when I barfed on the bus during our class trip???
Previous Post: The 21 Most Glittery Moments Of “Glitter”
Next Post: The 21 Most Feminist Things Shailene Woodley Has Ever Said