22 Movie Heroines Not Included At The Oscars
The “Heroes” montage shown at Sunday’s Academy Awards was sorely lacking in women. Here are 22 women that producers should have included.
1. Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
We all know Harry would have never survived his First Year without her!
2. Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
Same goes with Princess Leia and her boys
3. Liv Tyler as Arwen in The Lord of the Rings
Without her, Frodo wouldn’t have survived the first 2 hours of the first movie, the ring would have been taken to Sauron, and Middle Earth would have been destroyed.
4. Miranda Otto as Eowyn in Lord of the Rings
She just takes care of the Witch King like it’s no big deal!
Anyone who can pull off those moves in that outfit is a hero in my book.
6. Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft
7. Natalie Portman as Evey in V for Vendetta
8. Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs
9. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in The Heat
The Oscar’s montage featured other “Buddy Cop” films, but not this one!
10. Hilary Swank as Maggie Fitzgerald in Million Dollar Baby
If Rocky is a hero than Maggie sure as hell is.
11. Hilary Swank as Alice Paul and Frances O’Connor as Lucy Burns in Iron Jawed Angels
These women led the women’s suffrage movement, were imprisoned, force fed, and mistreated all for women to vote. HBO made this movie showing their story.
12. Anne Hathaway as Fantine
13. Shirley Temple
She is the reason the world didn’t end in the 1940s
14. Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa Lund in Casablanca
They showed Humphrey Bogart, but no Bergman. The only reason Rick or anyone else does anything in this movie is because of this girl!
15. Grace Kelly as Lisa Carol Fremont in Rear Window
She snuck into a murderer’s apartment and saved the day in Rear Window.
16. Julie Andrews as Maria in Sound of Music
Saved children from crazy father, saved father from crazy self, saved entire family from Nazis. Hero.
17. Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins
Saved children from crazy father, saved father from crazy self, no Nazis but SHE FLIES. Hero
18. Whoppi Goldberg as Celie Johnson in The Color Purple
Not all heroes are loud. Some are quiet.
19. Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, and Emma Stone in The Help
20. Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods
Saved an innocent woman from murder charge with knowledge of beauty products. If Kevin Bacon is a hero than Elle Woods definitely is!
21. Nikki Blonsky as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray
This girl broke down all kind of barriers.
22. Ellen Page as Juno