25 Heartwarming Facts That Will Make You Want To Fall In Love
1. Examples of monogamous relationships exist all over the animal kingdom.
Swans, penguins, wolves, gibbons, ducks, foxes, mountain lions, and eagles are all monogamous, just to name a few.
2. Like sex and hunger, the urge to fall in love is primitive and biological.
3. Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as taking painkillers.
4. And falling in love has similar neurological effects as a cocaine high.
In both cases, the brain is flooded by an excess of dopamine. The more dopamine that floods the brain, the more “high” you feel. This is the exact same process that accompanies a cocaine high.
5. It takes less than four minutes to decide whether you have feelings for someone.
6. And that decision is based mostly on body language.
Specifically: 55% on body language, 38% on tone of voice, and only 7% on what the person is actually saying.
7. Consciously trying to keep a new relationship secret heightens romantic feelings for each other.
8. When two people in love stare into each others’ eyes, their heart rates sync up.
10. When two strangers are forced to talk and maintain eye contact for a while, it can make them fall in love.
“In an experiment, strangers of the opposite sex were put in a room together for 90 minutes where they talked about intimate details and then stared into each other’s eyes without talking. Many felt a deep attraction for each other, and two married each other six months later.”
11. And when you look at a new love, your brain suppresses the instinct to make critical social judgments.
12. Expressing gratitude toward people you love causes an immediate spike in your happiness.
Watch this video to see the full experiment.
13. Love also causes a drop in serotonin, which is a symptom of OCD, causing you to be literally obsessed with your partner.
14. On average, people fall in love seven times before getting married.
15. And on average, a man will spend one year of his life staring at women.
16. People with high self-esteem have longer and more successful relationships.
17. Statistically, men are quicker than women to say “I love you” in relationships.
18. And studies report that men are also more emotionally affected when relationships end.
19. You’re most likely to fall in love with someone if you first meet them in a dangerous situation.
Danger, like love, causes a release of dopamine in the brain, and activates other common areas.
20. When you see someone you’re interested in, what feels like butterflies in your stomach is actually a stress response caused by adrenaline.
21. Heartache is real too; being rejected sparks strong activity in the parts of the brain associated with physical pain.
22. On the other hand, tests indicate that looking at a photo of your significant other/romantic interest can alleviate physical pain.
23. And holding hands with someone you love can alleviate physical pain as well as stress and fear.
24. Men who kiss their wives in the morning are said to live five years longer than men who don’t.
25. And, most heartwarming of all: PornHub.com is the 78th most visited website in the world. Every day.
Previous Post: 10 Burning Facts About The Ku Klux Klan
Next Post: Community Post: 80 Twitter Accounts That Will Change Your Life