30 Ways You Know Facebook Is Taking Over Your Life
If you identify with at least 15 of these you should probably start that dramatic “Giving up Facebook for a while” status.
1. You’re on it every day.
2. When leaving Facebook you accidentally type “facebook.com” in the URL.
3. You start reading those rant posts out of boredom.
+1 more if you start commenting on them.
4. You scroll through your feed so long you run into yesterday.
5. You don’t even remember navigating to the website.
6. You’re stalking your ex.
7. You’re asking your friends to stalk your ex.
8. You know all your closest friends’ specific URL.
9. You can find a total stranger’s Facebook using minor known details about them.
+2 additional due to extra creepiness.
10. You delete updates if they don’t get enough likes.
11. You make your friends like your updates.
12. You feel that likes from certain people are of higher quality.
13. You don’t trust people that don’t have a profile.
14. Your profile pic changes more than 4 times a month.
15. You check your Facebook on someone else’s phone when yours is dead.
16. You don’t remember your password because you’re always logged in.
17. Your browser autofills “facebook.com” by just typing “f”.
18. You close your laptop and automatically open the Facebook app on your phone.
19. You spend time curating old photo albums.
20. You can’t remember not having a Facebook.
21. You’ve started drama on Facebook.
+2 additional for lameness
22. It’s the first thing you look at when you wake up.
23. You’ve gotten in a fight with a significant other over their relationship status.
24. You’ve said the words “Facebook official” before.
25. Your heart jumps when you see a message notification.
26. You heart jumps even more when you see a friend request.
+1 additional if you always think it’s going to be someone amazing.