Community Post: 10 Facts Proving Teddy Roosevelt Was The Coolest President.
1. He was the first to dub the Presidential Estate the “White House”.
2. He totally rocked the whole mustache and glasses look.
That’s his “I’m gonna fuck shit up” face.
3. He tore up his leg after being thrown into piranha-infested waters while exploring uncharted Brazil.
4. Teddy had the most pets inside the White House.
“The Roosevelt children’s family of pets included a small bear named Jonathan Edwards; a lizard named Bill; guinea pigs named Admiral Dewey, Dr. Johnson, Bishop Doane, Fighting Bob Evans, and Father O’Grady; Maude the pig; Josiah the badger; Eli Yale the blue macaw; Baron Spreckle the hen; a one-legged rooster; a hyena; a barn owl; Peter the rabbit; and Algonquin the pony. The Roosevelts were dog lovers as well. Among their many canines were Sailor Boy the Chesapeake retriever, Jack the terrier, Skip the mongrel, and Pete, a bull terrier.” Not to mention they had like four snakes that had to be sent back to the pet store.
BUT THEY HAD A MOTHER FUCKING HYENA.
5. He rode a moose in water once.
When was the last time you saw Bill Clinton or George Bush ride a moose?
6. He became President in 1902 making him the youngest President of the United States.
He beat JFK by one year.
7. He lost the sight in his left eye during a White House boxing match.
That picture is his from his wrestling days. Dem muttonchops doe.
8. He broke his ribs dozens of times from falling off his horse while doing bad-ass jumps.
Yippee ki-yay, mother fucker.
10. During one of his speeches, President Roosevelt was shot. Instead of stopping, he laughed and continued his speech for almost 90 minutes with a bullet in his lung, where it remained for the rest of his life.
I fucking kid you not.
So, if you think that one of the other 44 Presidents is cooler than his guy. You’re wrong.
LONG LIVE TEDDY.