Community Post: 14 Completely Normal Ways To Be Your Own Valentine
2. Phone a radio station and ask to dedicate a song to someone very close to you… and by that you’ll mean you.
I recommend Delilah… the lovliest, sappiest, radio program around. She’s like the real life Dr. Marcia!
3. Find your favourite DIY Valentines project on Pinterest and, well… do it yourself. For yourself.
BuzzFeed have their very own Valentines Board on Pinterest – Check it!
4. Set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself how awesome you are.
Continually hit Snooze, until you really understand what it’s trying to tell you.
5. Stroll into a bar and tell the bartender that you’d like to buy a certain someone a drink. Make sure he eventually understands that the ‘certain someone’ is you.
6. Write yourself an acrostic poem, using your name and your best attributes.
If you don’t know how to write an acrostic poem- watch this super creepy video of 2 robotic cats teaching children how to write acrostic poems.
7. Stand in front of a mirror and serenade yourself with a cover of your favourite love song.
Or do as Gaston and actually sing a song about yourself.
nooo oooone’s slick as Gaston, no one’s quick as Gaston, no one’s neck’s as incredibly thick as Gaston’s.
click here for memories.
8. Order a romantic heart-shaped pizza with all your favourite toppings.
9. Name a star after yourself.
Because what’s more romantic than staring up at the night sky and remembering all the money, time and effort you put into naming a star after yourself?
10. Draw a self-portrait.
For centuries people without a date on Valentines Day have drawn or painted pictures of themselves.
11. Buy a piece of jewellery and get it engraved with something simple like, “me & myself … together forever”
12. Hire a skywriter to write something really empowering about you amidst the clouds.
Because of the expense, you’ll need to keep it short and maybe even a little grammatically incorrect… something like ‘u da man!’ or ‘u go girl!’ could be both encouraging and affordable.
13. Send flowers to yourself at work.
If you feel like you don’t deserve to send yourself flowers or that it’s borderline insane… just read this list of 25 Reasons To Buy Yourself Flowers, which I promise I didn’t write. Reason 16. is “Because you want to find out how it feels to buy yourself flowers.” …trust me, I couldn’t come up with that kind of gold if I tried.
14. Turn on your front facing camera and Face Time yourself.
Why not spend some quality time talking to the only person who truly gets you. You.