1. Things genuinely never excited her:
2. Especially the future:
3. She hated all forms of social interaction with people:
4. And when people annoyed her, she was blunt about it:
5. She had an absurd but great sense of humor:
6. And trained herself to expect the worst:
7. Daria didn’t have many friends:
8. Which is fine, because she only needed a couple friends anyway:
9. She accomplished things with the least amount of possible effort:
Or she just wouldn’t do them— yet she still graduated Valedictorian.
10. Plus, found everyone around her to be extremely dumb:
12. Which means she was perfectly condescending:
13. And sarcasm was a perfected form of art:
14. With a side specialty in dark humor:
15. The real world disappointed her:
16. And she believed the universe to be nothing:
17. Plus, everyone outside sucked:
19. She was a major realist:
20. Who liked to focus more on the negative:
21. She was self-defeating:
22. She never got emotionally attached:
23. She never took a day off from being cynical:
25. She hated everything about where she lived:
26. Would even move out of the country because of it:
27. Her bedroom walls were padded to symbolically represent her emotional instability:
Daria explains that the previous owners of the home had a family member with schizophrenia but Daria’s reluctance to take down the padding characterizes aspects of her own personality.
28. She had a severe distrust in people:
29. She loved the internet because it encouraged anonymous anti-social behavior:
As said on her 2001 website, which has since been taken down.
Sigh. We miss you Daria.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/fivezaj/29-reasons-why-daria-was-tvs-greatest-cynic-a8zp