Community Post: The Best Karaoke Songs For The Drunk Soul
1. 1. Celine Dion, “My Heart Will Go On”
Best sang when: you get into an argument about how Jack and Rose could have shared the raft – midway through the song.
2. 2. Bon Jovi, “It’s My Life”
Best sang when: you’re drunk enough to jump on the table, but you’re sober enough to not throw any chairs (or bottles).
3. 3. Beyonce, “If I Were A Boy”
Best sang when: you’ve been dancing like Beyonce all night.
4. 4. Whitney Houston, “I Will Always Love You”
Best sang when: you’re blackout enough to think you can sing this song.
5. 5. Aerosmith, “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing”
Best sang when: your friends are drunk enough to sing back up and sway back and forth in a group hug.
6. 6. Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
Best sang when: you need to be away from your phone so you can’t send one more embarrassing drunk text.
7. 7. Jackson 5, “Who’s Loving You”
Best sang when: you think it’s appropriate to prep the song with a whole speech on how amazing Michael Jackson was.
8. 8. Paula Cole, “I Don’t Want To Wait”
Best sang when: your only memory of singing the song will be a picture on your friend’s Instagram. #DawsonsCreek4Life
9. 9. Alanis Morissette, “Ironic”
Best sang when: you’re spilling your drink on everyone and everything.
10. 10. John Travolta and Olivia Newton John, “Summer Nights”
Best sang when: you have a partner just as enthusiastic as you are.
11. 11. Divinyls, “I Touch Myself”
Best sang when: your friends think your crude dance moves are funny, not creepy.
12. 12. Neil Diamond, “Sweet Caroline”
Best sang when: you’re only three drinks in and feeling good.
13. 13. 4 Non Blondes, “What’s Up”
Best sang when: you’re not singing but shouting the chorus.
14. 14. Sir Mix-A-Lot, “Baby Got Back”
Best sang when: you’re so drunk you get through the whole song without hysterically laughing.
15. 15. Gloria Gaynor, “I Will Survive”
Best sang when: you just broke up with someone and those long island iced teas just aren’t cutting it.
16. 16. Louis Armstrong, “What a Wonderful World”
Best sang when: it’s been a great night.
17. 17. Snoop Dogg, “Gin and Juice”
Best sang when: your rapping turns into grunts and mumbles.
18. 18. Eurythmics, “Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)”
Best sang when: you forget to close your bar tab but you remember every line of this song.
19. 19. Alicia Keys, “If I Ain’t Got You”
Best sang when: you’re not even coming close to carrying these notes, but you don’t care.
20. 20. Richie Valens, “La Bamba”
Best sang when: someone made fun of you for not speaking another language, so you decide to sing the easiest Spanish song ever.
21. 21. Britney Spears, “Oops!…I Did It Again”
Best sang when: you refuse to go home until you’ve paid homage to Britney.