For Everyone Who Misses The White And Gold Dress
I was young and foolish and now I can’t go back.
1. Remember the first moment you saw the dress? You didn’t understand what the debate was about. It was clearly white and gold.
2. You were pretty chuffed that you were in the majority, i.e. clearly right.
3. But people around you insisted it was blue and black and you were like WUT.
4. You stared at the dress for hours, waiting to see WTF they were talking about.
5. You could KINDA see the blue – MAYBE – but the black MADE NO SENSE AT ALL.
6. Even when confronted with the cold, hard truth that the dress is, in fact, blue and black, all you saw when you looked at the original image was your trusty white and gold.
7. And then, just like that, EVERYTHING CHANGED.
8. Suddenly, you saw the blue and black, and you understood the truth.
9. It was like you were seeing for the very first time.
10. And you didn’t understand how you saw the white and gold at all because now literally all you could see was blue and black.
11. How could the same eyes see two such totally different things?!?!?!
12. And suddenly you found yourself staring at the dress again, trying to go back to how you saw it before.
I don’t believe anything anymore. THE DRESS has ruined my trust in all things. I’ll never love again.
13. Because you didn’t respect the white and gold dress enough, and now it’s gone from your life forever.
14. It’s too late. The world is blue and black now. And nothing will ever make sense again.
New Line Cinema