Jessie J Tweets (Then Deletes) That She Is No Longer Bisexual
The 26-year-old singer took to Twitter to discuss her personal life at length, sparking mixed reactions from fans.
1. Singer Jessica Ellen Cornish, better known as Jessie J, took to her Twitter last night to denounce her bisexuality, declaring she is interested in “only men.”
Neil Hall / Reuters
2. The singer has been outspoken concerning her sexuality since coming out in 2011.
She told Glamour: “I’ve never used it as a gimmick. I’ve always said I’ve dated guys and I’ve dated girls… If I’m in love, I’m in love. I’m not going to hide it.”
Don Arnold / WireImage
3. At a 2011 concert the singer yelled to the crowd, “Jessie J Is bisexual!”
4. Last night, the singer began vaguely tweeting about her past personal life:
5. “We all are on a journey and I refuse to feel boxed and judged because of how I felt once,” she stated.
6. A Twitter user allegedly prompted her to “stop speaking in riddles” and “get straight to the point.”
7. In a now deleted tweet, Jessie J reportedly wrote: “I fancy/date/love men and only men. Is that ‘straight to the point’ enough?”
Now that's cleared up. What's new with you guys?
I'm not upset! I am being honest. I am enlightened. I am free. I am living.
I don't want to perfect. I don't want to be a role model. It's not real. I want to be real.
Let the past be the past.
12. Many fans tweeted their support of her announcement:
13. Others were not so supportive.
He did a Jessie J, he came out for some fresh air and then went back into the closet…