Tegan And Sara’s Hairstyle Evolution
1. From the very beginning these two weren’t afraid to play around with styles.
4. Even when they rocked identical guitars, hair style could be used to set them apart.
5. Sara wanted to see if blondes had more fun.
Thankfully it didn’t last long.
8. Moving forward with harsh asymmetrical styles in 2004, the pair was back to brunette.
9. In 2007 they introduced the mullet that would change everything.
11. Everyone wanted to impersonate the look.
Amy Poehler and Casey Wilson as Tegan and Sara
12. In 2008 the duo tackled ponytails…
Kevin Winter / Getty Images
13. …and battled against bangs.
Jeff Gentner / Getty Images
14. Which led to the perfection of the hair swoosh technique you see today.
19. They proved to the world that mullets could be absolutely adorable.
20. The twins tried out close-cut bobs for their album “Sainthood” in 2009.
While also successfully pulling off matching stripes.
22. They rocked the Justin Bieber look before he was even on the scene.
24. While Sara got some inspiration for a new style watching Demi Moore in “Ghost”.
25. Tegan can only part her hair in one direction, but Sara often changes it up.
26. Tegan experimented with long hair in 2011, while Sara kept it short.
Angela Weiss / Getty Images
And apparently forgot how to smile.